Meet The New Look of our SmartCard
Feel the difference with new look of İktisatbank SmartCard: choose between one off payment or option of installments depending on your needs.
Mastercard / Visa is a worldwide brand with millions of payment points available providing you with the most advantages around the world.
SmartCard General Information
- For your own security your credit card is activated by you after the delivery.
- Once you have created a PIN number your new credit card will be available to use immediately.
- Set your PIN and activate your card using mobile telephone that is registered with İktisatbank by sending an SMS to 4440 (+90 548 888 44 40 from overseas) quoting SIFRE then a blank space then your choice of four digit PIN then a blank space and enter the last 4 digits of your credit card number and the 3 digit number (CVV2) at the back of your SmartCard. EXAMPLE: SIFRE 1234 3456789
- *SIFRE means PIN in Turkish.
- If your mobile number is not up to date on our system please visit your nearest branch.
- After entering the Internet Banking site, go to the Security Menu and select Passwords – Bank/ATM Card to change your PIN. You can do the same transaction by calling our Telephone Banking or ATM Banking.
- After you have set the PIN of the main card, repeat the same process for any additional cards attached to your account. Remember to set the PIN of your main card first. Please note that once you activate your new card all your previous additional SmartCards will become inoperative and the newly issued supplementary cards would need to be activated.
- When setting your PIN do not use something that is easy to guess such as your date of birth. You must ensure both your card and PIN are kept secure at all times. Please do not divulge your details to any 3rd party at anytime.
- For your own benefit, for any purchases where a signature is not possible your card has automatically been activated with mail order facility and e-commercial allowing you to make purchases on the Internet. The limit for internet or virtual purchases is the same as your credit card purchase limit. Upon activating your credit card this is automatically activated. If you wish to cancel this facility on your credit card please call our Telephone Banking on 444 4 444. It is advised you keep the available limit for virtual purchases to a minimum. To change your existing limit please visit our Internet Banking and amend the information under the Virtual Card details.
- In the event that your card is lost or stolen or your PIN number got compromised, you should inform us immediately, by calling our Telephone Banking on 444 4 444.
- If there is a change to your home or work address you should notify the bank within 10 days.
- All purchases made whether abroad or within the North Cyprus will appear on your statement in TL. All foreign currency transactions will be calculated at the relevant rate of exchange.
- Pay your credit card bill in cash at any of our İktisatbank branches or ATM Banking, transfer funds from your current account using our Internet Banking facility or our ATM Banking, setup a monthly standing order to pay the bill monthly from your current account automatically. Alternatively you can make an Electronic Fund Transfer from another bank.
- Your Credit Card statement can be sent via post to the designated address. We can also send you electronic copy by email. SMS text message with your balance will come to the registered mobile phone number.
- The minimum payment due on your statement is 20% of the total outstanding balance. You will need to make a payment of the minimum amount by the last payment date. For your convenience, you may place a direct debit instruction on your current account. You can choose between minimum or full payment options when placing a direct debit instruction.
- If you due balance on your credit card is not paid by the last payment date then the remaining balance will accrue interest.